Do citizens of Australia need a visa to visit Vietnam?
Yes, Visa is required for citizen of Australia to visit Vietnam for any purposes from visiting friends and families to going on a business trip or taking leisure vacation.
|Type of visa||Tourist visa||Business visa||Stamping fee|
|Single 1 month||18||70||$25|
|Single 3 month||28||95||$25|
|Multiple 1 month||21||75||$50|
|Multiple 3 month||43||110||$50|
How many ways could citizens of Australia apply for a visa to Vietnam?
As a Australian citizen, whether you are living in Australia or currently traveling in one other country outside Australia, you can also follow these instructions to obtain a Visa to Vietnam.
If you hold passport of Australia, you have two options to apply for a Vietnam visa
1. Apply Vietnam Visa Online for the approval letter to pick up the Visa at Vietnam airport (Vietnam visa on arrival).
This method is very convenient, fast, reasonable and secure. You just stay at home, access the Internet, apply Online and it is done in couple of minutes!
– Issuing unit: Vietnam Immigration Department in Vietnam
– Processing time: 1 – 2 working days
– Secure 100%
– No passport send-off
2. Apply for Vietnam Visa at Vietnam Embassy
Citizens of Australia can also come to an embassy or consulate of Vietnam in Poland or in any country in the world to apply the Visa. You may click here to find the address of Vietnam embassy near your place.
The following documents are required for each visa application:
– The Vietnam visa code (If required)
– Original Passport (with at least 06-months validity)
-One completed application form for a Vietnam visa (Contact the embassy or consulate for this form)
-One passport size photo of 4×6 cm (attached to the application)
* Sometimes Flight return ticket and Hotel booking reservation or tour itinerary are required. Please check this information with the embassy or consulate to know further information.
Are you looking for location of Vietnam embassy in Australia ?
Please see below for information of Embassy of Vietnam in Canberra, Australia
Address: 6 Timbarra Crescent, O’Malley, ACT, 2606, Canberra, Australia
Telephone: (02) 62868465; (02) 62866059; (02) 62901556; (02) 62901894; (02) 62866267
Fax: 61 – 2 – 6286 4534
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.vietnamembassy.org.au
Consulate General of Vietnam in Sydney, Australia
Address: Suite 205, level 2, Edgecliff Centre, 203 – 233 New South Head Road, Edgecliff, New South Wales, Australia 2027.
Telephone: 02 93271912 / 02 93272539
Fax: 02 93281653
Website : www.vietnamconsulate.org.au
PO Box: 732, Edgecliff, N.S.W 2027
Monday – Thursday: 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
Friday: 9.00 am – 4.30 pm
Australian public holidays are excepted.
Complete Name: Commonwealth of Australia
Native Name: Australia
Principal Agglomerations : Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Gold Coast – Tweed Heads, Newcastle, Canberra, Queanbeyan, Wollongong, Sunshine Coast (Caloundra), Hobart
Documents to submit to get the Visa:
Please bring the Approval letter along with you and prepare at least 2 photos of you (photo of standard passport size – 4×6 cm with white background) and some cash to pay for Stamp fee later at arrival border.
1. Original letter (We will process and send this letter to you in real paper before your trip to Moc Bai)
2. Your Original passport
3. Form NA1 – Comeplete information and attcehd information in advance (Download the Vietnamese Visa application – Form NA1 here)
4. Stamping fee
Following is required information to obtain Vietnam Visa:
- Your name exactly as per passport: it is your full name on your passport, name order is not important, so you can place either surname first or first name first;
- Your date of birth: in Vietnam, the date format will be DD/MM/YY;
- Your nationality on passport: the passport you are using to enter Vietnam (should be valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival);
- Your passport number: exactly as shown on your passport;
- Date of arrival: applicants must fill-in the suitable Date of Arrival. With this registered entry date on official visa approval letter, you can then choose to enter Vietnam on or later but not earlier than the approved date;
Photos: passport photos are required at Vietnam airports only. You can use our secured online form to submit your application or find all download forms.
M3 entry/exit form
Click below for more details
|Countries||Tourist visa||Business visa||Visa On Arrival|
|Belarus||Not required (15 days)||Not required (15 days)||Eligible|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||Required||Required||Eligible|
|Brunei||Not required (14 days)||Not required (14 days)||Eligible|
|Cambodia||Not required (30 days)||Not required (30 days)||Eligible|
|Chile||Not required (90 days)||Not required (90 days)||Eligible|
|Denmark||Not required (15 days)||Not required (15 days)||Eligible|
|Finland||Not required (15 days)||Not required (15 days)||Eligible|
|France||Not required (15 days)||Not required (15 days)||Eligible|
|Germany||Not required (15 days)||Not required (15 days)||Eligible|
|Indonesia||Not required (30 days)||Not required (30 days)||Eligible|
|Italy||Not required (15 days)||Not required (15 days)||Eligible|
|Japan||Not required (15 days)||Not required (15 days)||Eligible|
|Laos||Not required (30 days)||Not required (30 days)||Eligible|
|Malaysia||Not required (30 days)||Not required (30 days)||Eligible|
|Norway||Not required (15 days)||Not required (15 days)||Eligible|
|Papua New Guinea||Required||Required||Eligible|
|Philippines||Not required (21 days)||Not required (21 days)||Eligible|
|Russia||Not required (15 days)||Not required (15 days)||Eligible|
|Singapore||Not required (30 days)||Not required (30 days)||Eligible|
|South Korea||Not required (15 days)||Not required (15 days)||Eligible|
|Spain||Not required (15 days)||Not required (15 days)||Eligible|
|Sweden||Not required (15 days)||Not required (15 days)||Eligible|
|Thailand||Not required (30 days)||Not required (30 days)||Eligible|
|Trinidad and Tobago||Required||Required||Eligible|
|United Kingdom||Not required (15 days)||Not required (15 days)||Eligible|
Holders of normal passports issued by 24 countries do not require visas for Vietnam
90 days (1 country)
30 days (7 countries)
21 days (1 country)
14 days (2 countries)
15 days, with restrictions (13 countries)
A gap of at least 30 days between two visa-free visits is required. Must have a
printout of onward ticket.
1 -Visa free agreement renes yearly during Summer. Check for updates before travel.
2- for British citizens only.